- Debit or Credit?
Often when making a purchase with your Debit MasterCard, you will be given the choice of a debit or credit transaction. While either option works, by selecting the credit option and signing for purchases as you would with a credit card, you increase the likelihood of preserving your right to challenge fraudulent charges and possibly receive a credit (“charge-back”) for disputed transactions.
- MasterCard Secure Code™
MasterCard SecureCode is a private code for your MasterCard account that gives you an additional layer of online shopping security. Click here to learn more and to register your MasterCard cards for free.
- Lost and Stolen Cards
Report your lost or stolen Debit MasterCard as soon as you realize it is missing to ensure that you have Zero Liability for unauthorized purchases.
US: (888) 241-2510 | International: (909) 941-1398
- Safety Tips
- Sign your card immediately upon receipt.
- Choose a Personal Identification Number (PIN) that will be difficult for others to guess. Avoid obvious numbers like your birth date or street address.
- Memorize your PIN. Don’t write it on your card, your checkbook, or on other items carried with your card.
- Never give your PIN to anyone under any circumstances. No one should ever ask you for your PIN.
- Report a lost or stolen card promptly. Doing so will ensure that you have Zero Liability for unauthorized purchases.
- Be cautious when using ATMs. Be aware of your surroundings and avoid ATMs that are poorly lit or lack good visibility.
Whether you’re the victim of card theft, have lost your card or just need help locating an ATM, MasterCard is here to assist you 24/7, 365 days a year. Call to speak with a representative regarding:
- Lost or stolen cards
- Emergency replacement cards
- Emergency cash advances
- Locate an ATM that accepts MasterCard,Maestro®, and Cirrus® brands
- Access account-related information
- Access any applicable card benefits
US: (800) 627-8372 | International: (636) 722-7111